Tuesday, May 06, 2008

My Mother-in-Law....


My mother-in-law passed away 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I felt that if I wrote it down somewhere it would be real & I really did not want it to be real. I hear millions of stories of horrid mother-in-laws & i have to say that I do not understand them. Mine totally ROCKED! She was there when you needed her.

When we were stationed in OHIO, I talked with her on a daily if not every other day basis. I could tell her anything, I mean anything. She was a military wife & totally got the all of the BS that comes with it.

We breezed thru the Celebration of Life service & as long as I stayed busy, I could do it. My Billy had to get up & say a few things about mom & my heart went out to him. I can not imagine the greif that he feels. She was my mom for 10 years & I miss her so much.

My children miss their grandmother too. Leah (6) left a not on Billy's pillow this morning that reads" I know that you miss your mom. I miss her to. I know that she loves me & you. Love Leah." Leah drew a picture of a cake on a table at the bottom of the note & also drew music notes & labeled them "irsh music". She knew that here gmom loved irish music.

There are so many things that remind me of her: lasgna, gnomes, blue eyes, shamrocks, st. Patricks Day, sudoku, (she is the one who got me hooked!), Snowbabies,THOMAS KINKADE. I think she had everything he ever made. She was a great lady who was there for anyone who ever needed her.She will be greatly missed! Love you MOM!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kris,

I'm so sorry about your family's loss! I know she was putting up quite a battle, but I'm so happy that she's in a better place and is pain free. Please let us know if there's anything we can do!
Blessings,
Sheila

Amy Kilpatrick said...

My prayers are with your family, Kris. You have me crying. My MIL is also awesome and I DREAD the day when I have to tell my kids that awful news. It was hard enough losing my Mom, but losing two is even worse. My heart goes out to you guys.